Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vintage Valentines

I found a packet of vintage valentines, a calling card or two and little story coloring books with black and white illustrations that I wanted to use in a photo scrapbook at a flea market in the town my husband’s family reunion was at this last weekend. I just love those old illustrations and I couldn’t resist (Psst! I became a Flea Market Warrior when the cashier said he was supposed to sell each Valentine at $8.00 apiece when the zip bag clearly held the tag and the Valentines were not marked individually. He eventually gave in and sold me the whole packet for the stated price.)









EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! Names transcribed from back of valentines and published in the Missouri State Genealogical Association's newsletter.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Stand your ground with those evil flea market cashiers! Love your treasures - what a great find! Have fun creating with them, and have fun at the stamp show! Will look forward to seeing what you buy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet Valentines!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.