Rainy Day Puzzle
By Dolores J. Rush.
Here's a little activity to keep your children busy on those days when they are bored and have nothing to do! Please supervise children when using the paper trimmers' cutting blade.
- Daisy stamp #440D99 from Stampcraft
- Dot Design #B2964 from Hero Arts
- Dot stamp from Stamps by Judith
- Outline stamp of Wildflower Duet #Z944E from Posh Impressions
- Outline stamp of Flower Duet #4555S from Posh Impressions
- Outline stamp of Rose Duet #4528S from Posh Impressions
- Inks, markers from Stampin' Up!
- Paper Trimmer with scoring & cutting blades from Fiskars
1. Insert scoring blade into paper trimmer. Score paper lengthwise at 2 1/2 inches across paper & then at 5 inches. Remove scoring blade, insert cutting blade and push paper to 7 1/2 inches and trim strip off.
2. Change back to scoring blade and turn paper 90 degrees. Insert paper into trimmer and score at 3 1/2 inches, then at 7 inches. Change blades and cut off at 10 1/2 inches. You have scored 9 ATC size rectangles.
3. Optional: at this time, you may turn sheet over and lightly pencil numbers in centers. Turn back over.
4. Ink up each stamp with black and center stamp evenly over score lines. Do not stamp off edges as they will be stamped later. Stamp randomly at least 3 times with each floral stamp, more if you have room. Ink up dot design stamp with two colored inks and stamp in centers of rectangles. Finish with Judith Dots in black.
5. Insert cardstock into trimmer and cut first scoring line on the right. Lift cut piece straight up off trimmer and lay to the left of cardstock. Slide uncut piece out and butt edges together. Stamp over cut edges, holding strips together, as you did over score lines.
6. Turn all pieces of cardstock to the right and repeat step five. You may color in flowers at this time.
7. Finish cutting out rectangles along score lines and mix up pieces. See if you can put the puzzle together without looking at your placement numbers. Enjoy!