Saturday, August 25, 2012

Iris-Folded Teapot Cards



I have a huge stash of security envelopes that my sweet hubbin has been saving for me. I put some to good use in making these iris-folded teapot cards.


The blue-and-white card kinda reminded me of Victoria Magazine’s annual blue and white issue. I found the iris-folding technique directions and using a template from another craft, I made my own blue and white version.




 Then to switch gears, I tried it in another color.  Instead of using the holographic paper for the opening in the back as the website suggested, I made the opening big enough to receive a teabag envie and taped it into position. I had to squish the cards with a couple of heavy books to get them a little flatter to mail.


2 comments:

  1. Nice! So clever to put the tea bag in the center!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty, for stopping by today and leaving me a wonderful comment. Hope you'll give this technique a try. It was fun!

      Delete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.