Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Invitation to Tea 4 Two

I challenged myself to make another invitation this time using teabag envies as pockets for the tag invitations. I didn’t want a folded card, but a postcard-like card instead, so that the tag invitations would be the center of attention. I’m not real keen on the design surrounding the pockets as I was playing around with this particular punch, but I do like the placement of the pockets and tags.

 By Dolores J. Rush

Stamps:
Inkadinkado, www.inkadinkado.com (4060-D) tea cup
Kolette Hall/Studio G, Medford, NY 11763 (invitation sentiment)
PSX (A-262) Star
see~d’s lil stamps, www.inqueboutique.com or www.goinque.com (50886)
Once Upon a Time flourish


Instructions:
1. Cut out cardstock. Make brown slightly smaller. Punch out ribbon slots
along left side, then draw several straight lines with gold & brown markers.
Make dots between slots with turquoise marker.
2. Heat emboss gold stars as indicated on both brown and blue cardstock.
Attach brown paper to lower left-hand corner.
3. Tape tea bag envelope pockets to front.
4. Stamp invitation to tea on tags. Antique tags with brown ink (ink pad
direct-to-paper). Thread ribbon through holes in tags and insert tags into
pockets.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea to use the tea bag packet as a pocket. Love it.

    Thanks for letting me know about the link colour. I have changed it to red and a dark grey now so hopefully much clearer. I use Silicone Glue in between my Paper Tole layers. I just by it from the hardward section in the department store. Mine is Selleys Glass Silicone Sealant. I use this as I can control the height between the layers. A toothpick helps me out.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.