Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Two-Way Street

“another generation grew up, who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel. . .They provoked the Lord to anger because they forsook him. . .” ~ Judges 2:10b, 12c

I got angry several times this week because certain persons in my world talked about me behind my back instead of talking to me about a problem. As I processed my anger, I realized why I was so mad. I was feeling devalued.
Used to, I would fly off in a tantrum and have a pity party for one. But because of the admonition in the word about not sinning in my anger (Eph. 4:26;31-32), I knew I must forgive (Mt. 6:14; Col. 3:13) and continue on. The above scripture came to mind. My Daddy Lord got angry too! Somebody failed to communicate! And He was disregarded by ignorant Israelites bent on worshipping other gods.
Communication is two way. I throw the ball in their court, they throw the ball back into my court. At this point, I can continue the conversation or stop. Last month’s devotion was a gentle reminder of my own failure to communicate with my students. I stopped throwing the ball too soon, in fact, I failed to throw the ball at all.

Prayer: Father forgive me. Give me the grace to forgive both myself and others when we fail to communicate with each other. Thank you, Lord, for loving me and not condemning me for my past failures. In Jesus name, Amen!

Today’s Quote:
"While it is hoped that the members of a parish are important in one another's lives, that kind of relationship doesn't happen automatically. Church members must make an effort to strengthen the ties between them." ~ Sue Banker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.