Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Speaking of Treasures. . .


I saw a Bible stamp at Joann’s recently and wish I could run and get it for Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenge #80. In lieu of that however, I’m gonna show and tell an altered ATC I did sometime ago instead. The theme was “shrines” and I ran a mini-stamp wheel (Clearsnap) over the top layer of the ATC, and cut the center out. Then I cut out a small piece of yellow fun foam, you know, yellow for gold, directed the heat gun over it and when it began to curl, I quickly stamped the cross (PSX, D-2514) into the foam and held it there until it cooled. Then I assembled the ATC, cutting the top corners off evenly and spritz’d Tattered Angel’s Walnut stain over the top of the whole thing to “antique” it. I added the punched heart and sentiment (Stampcraft, 440524). There be my treasure!

3 comments:

  1. Dolores, this is perfect for the challenge! What a good idea, and a beautiful creation! Very well done, my friend - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful creation. I loved reading about how you stamped the craft foam. What a neat look you achieved. Thanks for sharing it with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Have a blessed day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, DJ! Now, I know you're making stuff at Karen's, so why aren't you posting more?? Huh??

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.