Saturday, February 5, 2011

Devotion: Believe

"He will not forget your work and the love you have shown." ~ Hebrews 6:10

When I was reading Stormie Omartian’s book "The Power of a Praying Woman," I recognized a BIG problem of mine. I am uncertain about my ability to write well on a professional level, to design impressive cards and fear that Jesus won’t show up when I need his help with either of those things. Stormie identified my trouble as lack of faith and trust in God which is sin. Pure and simple.
Thwack! Smack me upside the head! That hit me right between the eyes. And not only do I have a lack of faith, but then my enemy, Satan uses my insecurity about those things to intimidate me into backing off from all God has planned for me. He would thwart and divert me from ever relying on the Lord, thus keeping me enslaved and being an effective witness for Christ.

Prayer: Father, forgive my sin of disbelief and trust in you. Reveal to me what you see in me. Nudge me toward acknowledging that You are the one in control and that You have the power to give me the words to write and good designs for cards. Enable me to be more confident in you. In Jesus' name, Amen!

Today's Quote:
"Let intimidation take the day off." ~ Annie Lockhart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.