Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Akiane

Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry.
By Akiane Kramarik. 2006.

WOW! I was checking some poetry books out of the library and I don't remember ordering this one, however, I'm absolutely delighted that it was among the 33 other books that did come! I sat down the other night to read it and absolutely fell in love with several of her paintings, esp. her "Prince of Peace: The Resurrection" and "Father Forgive Them." I'm so awestruck that she painted them at age 8 & 9. God has gifted her mightily and I'm so glad she listened to his voice. I want to find this book, so I can keep it in my personal library at home. I sorta feel a kinship to this young lady as her family also lived in Missouri at one time, her father suffered from asthma and the children were homeschooled.
I was looking at her drawings at age 4 of faces. My preschool/kindergarden children in Sunday School are drawing stick figures, let alone faces with details and shadows. Absolutely amazing!

Update: Here's her YouTube channel!

"A great artist is not better than others, Akiane. A great artist makes others FEEL better. . . A true artist is the one who finishes to the END." ~ Mrs. Forelli Kramarik, Akiane's mother. 

Art is prayer. Inspiration waits for Akiane Kramarik. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.