Saturday, May 1, 2010

Straight Talk

“be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” ~ Romans 12:2

Encouragement doesn’t come easily to me because of old familial patterns though I always seemed to know who to run to for comfort; my “Je Je”.
Formerly an elementary school teacher, mom said “Je-Je” was my first word. She knew it was a word, because my pudgy little finger pointed to a picture of Jesus hanging on the wall over my changing table.
Many times I’ve envied those people, as I struggle to unlearn old habits, who are diplomatic and know how to edify others without being critical. The Father of all language, gracious & merciful, longs for my cry for help. His lap is wide and generous and His arms cradle me gently. When I’ve been unkind, He understands and forgives. He helps me over the hump of hurt and restores my hope and confidence by encouraging and strengthening me, the very thing I long to be able to do as well as He.

Prayer: Je-Je, set me on the right path, aiming straight towards righteousness. Help me cast off wrong attitudes and clothe me in goodness and grace. Renew my mind and honey my lips. Thank you for your voice behind me (Isaiah 30:21) comforting me and encouraging me along the Way. Amen!

Today’s Quote:
"One way we creatively show our caring for one another is by the giving of greeting cards. Using cards as a vehicle of communication, we can spread God's love in a beautiful, meaningful, and memorable manner. The words and creative presentations we share through greeting cards can be quite significant, even life altering and profound." ~ Sue Banker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.