Monday, February 1, 2010

Crocheted Doggie Sweater

I recently made several doggie sweaters for Lily, my chihuahua, a short-haired pooch. With all the chilly snow we've been having this winter, she's been comfy. I made her a size small, using designer Drew Emborsky's easy Boucle Dog Sweater crochet pattern found in the Precious Pets Lion Brand Yarn book, 2005. I've crocheted enough that I've been able to embellish the pattern with my own touches like adding some scallops to the neckline and sleeves, a ruffle to the back and a pretty girlie bow on her back. My hubbin says this one (see photo below) is his favorite.



P.S. I just read an article on Drew and his mother was also named Dolores. How ironic is that?

Update: My good doggie died this morning about 8:00 am. We're still in coronavirus lockdown (4-27-2020). I'm going to miss her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.