Saturday, January 3, 2015

Stamping Studio

Tuff Shed
 
I went out to my new studio  yesterday (Aug. 24, 2013) to work on cards since I've been invited to a shoebox party and I could tell my husband had been in there -- what a mess! I had to move stuff to find my work tables and a chair to sit in. Never did get to designing as I had put stuff away before I could. Still have piles of cardstock to put away. Oh, for a studio leprechaun! *smile*

Postscript: Hopefully it is true -- the old saying that good things come to those who wait. Here is it almost 2 years later and I finally have most of the necessary equipment to use my shed studio/playroom. Mom purchased a large enough heater to warm it during cold weather for my birthday last month and my hubbin is getting foam insulation inserted around the foundation so the heater will warm the area closest to the floor more efficiently. Mom had it custom built  and insulated for me in our backyard for St. Valentine's Day 2013.  Immediately we set to work organizing it inside and then during the the first month of  that summer I landed in the hospital for two weeks and then three weeks rehab for a really bad staph infection in my leg. That's where I began my post above. . .

By the way, I've signed up for Stephanie Ackerman's  Documented Faith 2015 Art Journaling focus group.  Stephanie is a designer for Sizzix. (Click here if you want to sign up too.) If you want to see how I am compiling my planner, head over to my Gratitude Blog. Look under the label "Documented Faith. "

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, love that studio of yours, how special. Glad to hear you are on the mend and make your place safer. Bummer about the shoes. I hope you find something suitable soon. Love all your ideas with the cupcake liners too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DJ, Great to see you posted a message on my blog.........thanks. I am in awe of your new stamp room, I would love one like that! Often think of you. Big hugs and many blessings from the UK. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift! DH and I have talked a couple fo times about doing something similar for my textile arts; wool processing, spinning, & weaving. Maybe someday we will.
    Enjoy cozy toes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get lots of enjoyment now creating your masterpieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you stamping studio best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.