Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kitchen: Week Two


I've gotten more of the wallpaper off and I had a surprise under the wallpaper -- see the stenciled checks? Do you know how frustrating it is to try to carefully pull off trim, only to have it break into three pieces in your hands? I got most of the trim to come off without breaking, but the piece right by my stove is the piece that broke, sigh! I've been using a kitchen sponge dipped in hot water to moisten the paper as I scrape it off, but one night we decided to run our steam vaporiser in the kitchen until it was postively muggy in there and that seemed to help. Now to get the hubbin up on the step ladder to take off the top bit that I can't reach (I don't want the vertigo that comes with me climbing down the stepladder).

I also stitched up this pair of bag overhalls. A girlfriend had one and I thought hers was so cute, so I decided I had to have one too. It took quite a few trips to several thrift stores before I located a pair of black toddler sized overhalls (my head is swimming with blue, pink and purple *wink*). I cut the overhalls off just above the crotch, measured out a piece of black and white gingham to match (think rectangle) with a seam allowance, cut and stitch up. The elastic in the bottom casing is 7 inches long.  I also glued red and white gingham ribbon to the hanger above.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute idea....the bag holder. Your kitchen is coming along nicely. Hubby and I have plans to renovate our kitchen and bathroom but still in the planning stages. Exciting and daunting all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.