Saturday, June 25, 2011

Faux Hotpot


Since I’m frugal, I didn’t want to spend a bunch of money for a Melting Hotpot that I might only use once, so I made my own version. I found this Dazey Beverage Warmer, still in the box like new, and the metal pitcher at the thrift store. My mother gave me a box of paraffin wax that had been in her canning pantry for several years to try first, but I had thought of purchasing old/used off-white or light yellow taper candles from the thrift store or melting down old yellow or tan crayons to get the look of expensive beeswax. I expect a candle warmer would work as well. It took a few minutes for one bar of the canning wax to melt down and when I was done playing, I removed the pitcher from the warmer to let the wax harden right in the pitcher. I didn’t see the need to remove it, so it will be there the next time I want to play again.

1 comment:

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.