Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father’s Day Album

I was watching “The Katie Brown Workshop” on TV the other day and saw this cute little album and thought it would be good to make, not only for Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge, but for my hubbin’s Father Day gift. He likes to collect small flat items like patches, button pins, lapel tack pins, etc. He really likes the vintage look (think Tim Holtz), so I jazzed it up to look antique.
I glued two paper back book pages to tagboard, distressed it a bit, then stamped it with Stampin’UP’s “Papa’s Pockets,” an old stamp set that my hubbin really likes. Last week, I made that card with the new Xyron Spellbinders shield die and carried the theme over this week with the tissue box again. To decorate it differently than last week, I looked at a Heraldic Designs Electronic Clip Art Book from Dover Publications that my hubbin picked up somewhere and made the Spellbinder flourishes from aluminum foil tape and ran the covers through my Xyron 900 machine. The inside pages are dyed CD window envies. I didn’t have the picture hangers like Katie Brown used on her albums, which seemed like a lot of work to me anyway, so I just punched holes through the covers and envies and threaded two clasp rings through.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - this is fabulous! I am going to have to check out the show! Gorgeous details - and the colours are perfect! Great project and creativity - love it! Thank you for joining us at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge, we love to see you and appreciate the support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool project. I'm sure your husband will love it. I like how you used the tin foil tape.

    Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog:)

    paper compulsions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations....I am sure your husband loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.