Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Vintage Valentine



“The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee.” ~ Jeremiah 31:3

In Jean P. Favalora’s “Valentines: A Loving Remembrance” book, she showcases many sweet old-fashioned cards. Many were produced by Esther Howland, fifteen years before the US Civil War. I just had to try my hand at making a Valentine to go along with this week’s challenge, #73, at Stampin’ Sisters for Christ. My Daddy Lord is the lover of my soul!

Supplies Used:
Angel Wings = Stampers Anonymous, K2-1061
Banner = Posh/All Night Media, 550J13
Crown = Anna Griffin/All Night Media, 580C01
Dove = Cynthia Hart/Rubber Stampede, 294C
Embossed Background = Cuddlebug Textile, 37-1153
Heart Flower = Stampendous, AA022
Heart/roses = Stampin’ Up “Kindness Shared”
Love = Posh Clear Alphabet
Punched Edges = Martha Stewart
Script = Stampin’ Up

1 comment:

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.