Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Technique: Waterfall Card

Karen & I made waterfall cards Monday. I found the directions in the Resource Section at Splitcoast Stampers. This is my sample. Snowflake stamps are the Vap Scrap brand (probably from Michaels; $1.00 bin). In addition, I also used a couple more techniques on the snowflakes called thumping and stippling. Thumping is where you ink the stamp in a lighter color, then thump a darker color marker across the stamp in various locations to give more depth to the impression. Then I stippled the lighter color around the snowflake & dragged the edges of the square across a dark red inkpad to finish it off before gluing the squares to the center strip. Now I'm gonna have to make a few more in Christmas colors. By the way, it was helpful for me to have a template of the center strip, with pencil marks across the strip where the folds go, because I was scoring it on a mini Scor-it and I didn't want to take the time to measure again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.