Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Free Art Classes!

I received my MO. Conservation Department newsletter in the mail today. I've taken several of these fun and FREE classes!

Anita B. Gorman Discovery Conservation Center = 4750 Troost Avenue, Kansas City, MO. 816-759-7300. www.mdc.mo.gov/areas/kcmetro/discovery

Leafy Tees. September 4/Saturday/10:00 Am – 2:30 pm. (Walk-in/All Ages). Printing T-Shirts with inky leaves. Says T-shirts will be provided. (They won't have any t-shirts big enough for me, as I am a BBW, so if I were to take this class, I'd better take my own, pre-washed and pressed. The sizing starch in a new t-shirt prevents material from absorbing the inks well.)

I'm Hungry, Help Feed Me. September 7/Tuesday/6:30-8:00 pm OR October 19/Tuesday/6:30-8:00 pm. (both are Walk-in/Ages 9 & up with adult). Construct a Bird Feeder.

Art Festival. September 21/Tuesday/6:00 – 8:00 pm. (Walk-in/All ages). A variety of nature themed art activities are planned for this evening such as printmaking with leaves and block inks. Also a class on creating a customized walking stick. There will be an exhibit of work from talented students of the Mattie Rhodes Art Center's after school program also.

Delight Your Eyes. October 5/Tuesday/6:30-8:00 pm. (Walk-in/Ages 9 & up with adult). Construct a leaf press & a colorful arrangement of leaves.

1 comment:

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.