Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Button, Button, . . .

Recently, my hubbin and I visited a new Bass Pro shop and it was family day with lots of activities for children. I've made many of the crafts offered, but one caught my eye that I haven't done before and that's making buttons from deer antlers.

Many years ago, before our son was born, we were members of a hunting and fishing club in the town we lived in at the time. They were big into historical reenactments too and I had a blast learning about the period items I could make like calico prairie dresses, shirts, and leather possible bags with beadwork. I felt my son for the first time when he kicked me in utero after several cannons went off at a rendevous. You know, boys and their toys! *smile*

2 comments:

  1. Do you need a special hard bladed saw to cut the antler bones to make these? They would be really cool to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. The antlers were already sliced into pieces when I got there, however, the holes were easily drilled with a hand-drill.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.