Monday, February 15, 2010

Creative Bones

“In the beginning God created. . .” ~ Genesis 1:1

A book I recently read said I was art. I am art. God’s art. I’m a living, breathing, perfect example of God’s art, a masterpiece, really. He created my inmost being; he knit me together in my mother’s womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Ps. 139:13-16). It is awesome to think how God created me, taking a pinch of my momma’s parts and a pinch of my daddy’s parts and smooshing the two together to make me.
The Creator made the first man out of the dust of the ground and the woman out of the man’s rib, so there is precedence for creativity. He made me of flesh and bones like them, so I carry around a constant reminder of his ability to imagine. Creativity is inborn in me and you.

Prayer: God, you are the most awesome. Thank you for my life. Help me to see that I’m not junk and that with your help, I can create too. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
Today’s Quote: “Being the Creator-Artist that he is, the great Romancer, the perfectly loving Father, God calls out to us, sings to us, paints images in our minds through the prophets’ visions. These sounds and songs, these visions, stand at the door of our own imaginations and knock. Through them God opens the door of his own inner life to us.” ~ Michael Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.