Saturday, January 30, 2010

“A Little Bit O’ Cheer” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4, NIV)

“ so that we can comfort those in any trouble.”
~ 2 Corinthians 1:4


It has always been the desire of my heart to have a card ministry as I was inspired by a woman in the church I grew up in. Claudia Blake, a senior citizen, sent me a card for my birthday every year. It was a small gift of love from an elder sister in Christ and it touched me that she remembered.
I rubber stamp my cards because it fulfills a desire in me to be creative, however, I have sent commercial or computer-generated cards in the past to cheer others. Recently, as I was praying, I asked the Lord to name my card ministry and the title “A Little Bit o’ Cheer” along with the above scripture verse came to mind. That is exactly what I mean to do, to be of service, helpful and loving, conveying a a bit of encouragement and light to my sisters and brothers in need.

Prayer: Thank you, Daddy Lord, for your favor and the blessing of your comfort and cheer. Encourage me, so that I may share your light with my sisters and brothers. Amen!

Today’s Quote: There is no doubt that a unique card creates a vibrant impression, stronger and more lasting than any phone call, fax, or e-mail.” ~ Sandi Genovese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! Thanks.