Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Free TV

I'm into free TV. One of my new favorite digital channels is a PBS channel called Create TV. It has craft, gardening,home improvement, cooking, and travel shows. I also enjoy watching this show on one of the other PBS channels – "Rare Visions and Roadside Revelations." It showcases folk artists and their art, most of which is located along America's roadsides, hence the show's name. The sayings about "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "one man's junk is another man's treasure" illustrate the thriftiness and creativity of the folk artist.

1 comment:

  1. Hi D!

    I'm not a regular watcher, but "Rare Visions and Roadside Revelations" has never failed to entertain when I have watched it. Most of their older episodes are also available on video/dvd.

    The Observer

    ReplyDelete

Be nice -- positive feedback and honest questions are always welcome! However, if you are positively too busy to type in a comment today, but would like to acknowledge my post, please feel free to check the "Like" button above. Thanks.